Today marks a huge milestone in our family as our sweet baby boy is turning 1! The saying the days are long but the years are short has never felt more true and having a child has been the biggest lesson for me in patience, time management, prioritization and slowing down. I always dreamed of being a mom and I feel so lucky to be able to live out that dream with my little guy. There isn’t a day that goes by that he doesn’t make the hubs and I laugh. He keeps us on our toes – literally, he NEVER stops moving – and reminds us to stay curious, that belly laughs are good for the soul, sharing a watermelon smile will always make other people happy and that if you put your mind to something (crawling at 5 months, walking at 10.5 months, holding a tube in a clenched fist for an entire hour without dropping it once) you most definitely can do it. Good reminders for us all to live this one beautiful and precious life we have to the fullest every single day. I love him so much and magically seem to fall more in love with him the more I get to watch him become the person he is meant to be. Happy birthday to my sweet little bug!
Last weekend we hosted our families for a casual birthday brunch to celebrate the Buggy Man and most importantly to watch him smash a cake. I made everything ahead of time to make sure I had a chance to enjoy the party as well. Menu and photos of the day below if you’d like to see.
Deltan’s Birthday Brunch Menu
- Crockpot Overnight Egg Casserole, I used a gf + df recipe from the Against All Grain Cookbook, similar one HERE, made the day before + cooked overnight in crockpot
- Red Fruit Salad + Lemon Vanilla Bean Syrup, recipe HERE, syrup made two days ahead, salad made the night before, topped with syrup right before serving
- Grain Free Banana Bread (the best EVER!), recipe HERE, made the day before…I used this to make the smash cake as well and frosted it with Simply Mills vanilla frosting
- Mimosa Bar with Lemon, Orange + Grapefruit Juice Mixers
- Salted + Brown Butter Rice Crispy Treats, recipe HERE, made a week ahead but kept frozen in freezer until party