The title says it all, because this pasta salad is one helluva crowd pleaser. I first made it this last winter for a day trip with friends up in Napa. The weather was chilly but the salad made me dream of warm summer days and picnics galore. So when my mom asked me what she should make for a picnic with girlfriends this was the very first thing that came to mind. Apparently it was a hit because she made it again for my aunts for dinner this week. I don’t blame her…it’s that good…so I made it too. Now it’s your turn, enjoy!
Pasta Salad with Olives, Spinach & Sausage, recipe from the beautiful With Style and Grace
- 1 package fusilli pasta (gluten free for me)
- 3 tablespoons pesto (remember this post, I used the extra pesto I had stored in the freezer)
- 1 package (4 links) of sausage, sliced and browned in a pan
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil), chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped (I add 2 cups to make sure and get my greens)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
Cook pasta while sausage slices brown in pan. Let both cool slightly once done. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together until well combined, serve immediately as it is best served and enjoyed at room temperature.
The full menu I suggested to my momma for her special lunch…
- Pasta Salad with Olives, Spinach & Sausage
- Melon wrapped in prosciutto and/or fresh cherries
- Grilled veggies antipasti and/or sugar snap peas blanched then drizzled with olive/toasted sesame/or truffle oil and sea salt
- Brown butter rice krispy treats
Pingback: Maui – a touch of lovely
Pingback: Spring Recipe Round-Up | a touch of lovely
Megan and I made this tonight Kelsey, so good! We sub’d the links for Aidell’s pre-cooked Italian chicken sausage, still tasted great.
By the way amazing work on this so far, I can tell you’ve put a ton of time into it. Really cool.
Michael, I am so so so happy you like the pasta salad! Wish I could have been there with you guys to enjoy it. 🙂 And thank you for your kind words on the blog, it has been such a fun thing to work on and I’m really loving the artistic outlet. Hope to see you guys soon!
Made this tonight! Delicious!
Yay! So glad you enjoyed it, Karen.
Your call made my day, Karen! Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.
The pasta looks fantastic! Lovely soft photographs too.