There’s something really beautiful about simplicity. My holiday tablescape could not be any simpler yet it is one of my favorite looks I have ever done. It’s rustic, sparkly (especially at night) and allows the food to take center stage at a dinner party while still feeling festive. I have terrible handwriting, curse of the leftys!, but I added a special touch to the place cards to bring some holiday memories to the dinner conversation. Below is the list of steps to make this look come to life in your home. Happy celebrating to you!
– I bought a 25 foot garland for $16.99 at Costco and cut it into three long pieces to use around the house. If you don’t feel like spending money did you know Christmas tree lots will let you pick up the scraps they cut from the bottom of the trees for free? I scored a few cool looking cuts of the stump to use as hot pads for food along with branches to use as accent pieces around the house. This most likely falls into the category of embarrassing my husband but hey, I love to save a buck!
– As many candles with vases, votives, or candlesticks as you can safely put on the table. Twinkly lights are oh so joyful.
– Rustic twine ribbon, or whatever you have on hand to tie your silverware together in a casual looking way. The napkins are just neatly folded below.
– DIY placecards with fun holiday themed conversation topics on the back. Here are the four I used…
1. What is the best gift you have ever received?
2. What is the best gift you have ever given?
3. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
4. What is your favorite holiday food?